Monday, October 20, 2008

Skipping School Today

I am having to recover from a long trip. I have huge sandbags under my eyes. (not literally)
For Fall break I went to Mesa Verde National Park. It was awesome seeing the cliff dwellings. I fell off a ladder and down the cliff, only kidding, or else I would not be writing this post. I got attacked by killer bees and army ants, only kidding again. I went by the four corners area and we ended up getting lost in the middle of nowhere but eventually we made it to Mesa Verde. I went to Cliff Palace and the Ranger talked about Urine Lock (don't ask). Did you know that the Anasazi are now called the ancestral Pueblos? Anasazi is Navajo and the Puebloians said there were no Navajo people here then AND if you say the Navajo word Anasazi wrong it actually means "enemy of the Ancients". That is not good. Did you also know that a tall man would only be 5 foot 3? I would be the equivalent to a teen, cool huh?!? I saw the Rio Grande in Durango, CO. It was a way cool train. It was an old fashioned steam engine. Did you know that the Rio Grande railroad has the oldest working trains? You won't find that anywhere else. I didn't get to ride it, but it would be cool. It was huge, I mean it was HUGE! (I didn't measure it) Now I am in my house sitting around being lazy, I am falling asleep writing this blog....

No comments: